Tuesday 24 February 2015

How to boost your mood when you are sick :)

1.Eat vitamin C.(It's typical for me to start with eating advice :)
When it comes to the common cold, vitamin C may not be a cure. But some studies show that it may help prevent more serious complications. "There is good evidence taking vitamin C for colds and flu can reduce the risk of developing further complications, such as pneumonia and lung infections.
Source : webmd.com
2.If not feeling weak or dizzy,try to go outside for short walks,or just to breath some fresh air.
I don't know about you but,when I stay too much inside when being sick,I get even worse.I'm not saying you should walk a mile or more.Just get outside,sit on a bench,breath and relax your sore muscles(In some cases people get sore muscles even not working out.Sometimes having pains is normal.I'm now facing a small but annoying back pain.A massage and done :)
3.Drink tones of liquids.In this period,your body dehydrates really fast.Whether you drink tea(which in this case it is the best option,trust me )drink water.No juicing(Only if homemade juice)or alcohol.(I think this is common sense don't you agree?)
4.I f possible,exercise.Try to strech or do yoga.I promise you that your energy level will grow.Even if you break a sweat,don't panic!Just make sure you change into warm,dry clothes afterwords,and of course eat something.
5.Eat healthy!This is a very important step.If you stuff your face with chocolates and sweet and Fast-Food or proccessed food,you mood is going to get worse.Your energy level will go down fast,your tummy will hurt and you won't get better fast ! :
You'll agree if you try.I recently was sick,but,by eating healthy and drinking tones of tea,I really felt better.And it took me only 4 days to get better! :O
Usually a flu lasted for me 2 weeks!And I still had to go to school.My parents say that if you don't have fever,you are good to go.That's why everytime,I came back from school dizzy and feeling like crap.
Parenst are crazy!!!!If you are a parent,try to understand at least this.We won't miss much not going to school for a few days.We will win something.Our health back!
6.Rest if needed.If you still feel bad to do anything,it's ok.Take a break and rest.Don't stress yourself,don't use technology too  much or your energy will go down fast.
7.Laugh a lott if possible!:)
If you only smile,your body realeases  "happy endorphins" that boost your mood and health.

Hope I didn't miss anything.

Consult a doctor if you feel really bad!
Take care of your health!
Love,
Alexandra
Sorry for the blabber here and there :D
I'm a little sick right now too :P

No comments:

Post a Comment